Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...








...well, inside at least.






We finally got the Christmas tree and decorations up. I've been chomping at the bit to get back to normal now that I'm feeling better. Once again, the whole family pulled together and got everything knocked out in one day. And, amazingly enough...I was able to help! Dan and the boys went grocery shopping and took care of the outside chores. Dan washed and vaccuumed the cars and garage and the boys did, what we refer to as, "potty patrol". It's a chore that they don't like doing but they never complain. Three fat little puggies can make a mess out of a back yard! The boys also helped me get the house scrubbed. Dan did the vaccuuming and the laundry...he's awesome at those jobs.

The boys brought all the Christmas stuff up and once Dan got the tree up they got to be in charge of decorating. I didn't feel strong enough to make the climbs up the ladder this year. They did an awesome job! I love our boys. They never complain and they are always asking if there is anything we need them to do. They are growing up so fast and we try to reward them as much as possible for all their accomplishments and good deeds. We are truly blessed.

After we got all the chores and Christmas decorations out of the way we were able to sit down and watch a movie together as a family. It was a great day.

Sidenote: I also got a call from my doctor and he told me other than my red blood cells and iron levels, everything else looks great. I can't tell you how long it's been since I've had a good report from the doctors. I almost cried because I was so relieved.

No comments: