Friday, December 5, 2008

Things that make you chuckle...


Poor confused old man...


I got a VM today from a guy named Malcom. He said, "Hey Heidi, this is Malcom, I want to get an over the counter stool softer, and I have a 50 dollar gift certificate for you. Anyway, give me a call."

So, I'm dumbfounded and irritated because my phone number is private and unlisted. And...why would I be giving someone a stool softener?? I have to admit though...the 50 bucks sounded cool.
So, I IM TD and tell him about the VM. He offers to call back and find out what the crap is going on. But, I can't wait so I call Malcom back.

Poor confused old man...my phone number is one number off from Wangsgards Pharmacy and he was calling because he wanted them to deliver an OTC stool softener and he has a 50 dollar money order to put towards his account. I told him I thought someone sold him my number and he said, "No, I live in an assisted living facility and just need my medicine."
Then I asked him where he was taking me to dinner with the 50 bucks...we both got a good laugh.

Dan...on the other end...had already googled his number and address and had Steve on speed-dial ready to go kick some A$$. I'm glad I got to Lil' Ol' Malcom first...TD would have sent him into Cardiac Arrest on the spot!

No comments: