Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Where do I even begin....?

The last few months have been some of the most life changing months I've experienced in my life. It started with me having a stroke in May. And since then, it's gone from kidney infection to liver disease. It got so bad that I had to be hospitalized in order to get my system back under control. I won't bore you with the details...heaven knows I'm sick of all the medical stuff. I will tell you one thing though. My husband and kids pulled together and took care of everything. House cleaning, car detailing, grocery shopping, laundry, taking care of me and our babies (the pugs), yard, and every other imaginable task. I don't know where I would be without them. They are amazing and without them we never would have made it through these trying times.

Things are on the upswing now and I am feeling much better. I'm looking forward to the holidays and being able to go back to work. Being sick and laying on the couch for a couple of weeks isn't bad but when it goes on for months it really starts to wear you down - physically and mentally. I will never take my health for granted anymore. And, I will be forever grateful for my family.

2 comments:

Britney said...

Hey! I hope you don't care that I checked out your blog. I just want to say how much I am in awe of your strength. You have been through so much the last 6 months and I know there's no way I could've done what you've done. I wish you would let me help you with everything...You're so stubborn! You're awesome and I'm so glad you're feeling better! Love ya!

Kincaid said...

Thanks for the complement, I hope that you will get better soon!